COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
Updated August 5, 2021
Bi-weekly Communication Update: COVID-19 Campus Update 08-05-2021
This is the most recent update that was sent to campus residents.
Cornwall Manor’s leadership team, comprised of campus and clinical leaders, continues to monitor COVID-19 and coordinate responses to it. Our main focus remains on the health and safety of all Cornwall Manor residents and employees.
As you may be aware, COVID-19 greatly affects anyone age 60+ and those with compromised health. Cornwall Manor has implemented these necessary precautions to protect all of our residents to reduce the risk of the Coronavirus spreading.
- In accordance with the most recent guidance set by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, masks are no longer required for unvaccinated people. This change applies to Cornwall Manor independent living residents.
- Residential Living (campus residents) may have family members and guests. Masks are recommended for nonvaccinated visitors while on campus.
- Corson Personal Care and Health Center Visitation: Unrestricted in-person visitation as outlined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
While positivity rates are decreasing, the risk is not gone. Please continue to be cautious.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid contact with people that are sick.
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth).
- Stay home if you are sick or don’t feel well.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
- Do not use handkerchiefs or reuse paper tissues. Once you use a tissue, dispose of it and wash your hands.
We appreciate your understanding as we, along with many other organizations, are navigating this ever-changing situation. Please remain calm, take reasonable precautions and be well.