The Cornwall Manor Board of Trustees approved a campus master plan that will include renovations to the Freeman Hall Community Center as well as other buildings on campus. The project, which is planned to begin in spring 2017, is a result of input and planning on the part of staff and residents to improve current amenities and add some new ones.
Changes to the Community Center and Wellness Center include:
- new Community Center entrance
- a relocated and enlarged gift shop
- a new reception and mail area
- new restrooms
- redesigned Manor Café
- expanded game room/ “Club Room”
- relocating and building a new visiting physicians office on the second floor
- addition of a second elevator
- relocating and expanding the outpatient therapy area
- relocating and enlarging the beauty shop
- relocating the Administrative and Resident Services staff to the second floor of the Community Center
- relocating the Marketing/Development/Public Relations staff to the first floor of the Community Center.
Other aspects of the campus master plan will be:
- demolishing two wings of the current administration building, and keeping the current board room and adjacent rooms for the relocated “Campus Collectibles”
- upgrades to the greenhouses and brick boiler house
- converting a storage area in the lower level of Laurel Place to a new resident theater/meeting area
- converting the current “mule barn” (former home of the maintenance shop) to space for the Woodshop and the model railroaders
- upgrading the Manypenny Recreation Room
We are excited to begin this new project- and ask your patience as it progresses. We will be providing updates on this webpage and through other means to our residents, employees, families and friends.