Pet-Friendly Retirement Living in Central PA
Whether your best friend in the world is a dog, cat, bird, rabbit or another lovable animal, Cornwall Manor welcomes your furry or feathery soulmate with open arms. We are proud to have the friendliest pet-friendly retirement community in Lebanon County near Lancaster PA and offer plenty of walking areas for those with canine companions.
You may be hesitant to move your pet because you’re worried there aren’t pet-friendly activities near Cornwall Manor. But let us put your mind at rest. Not only will you find our community a welcoming place for your pet, but there are also tons of pet-friendly activities throughout the area. If you’re anxious about your pet’s health, there’s nothing to fear. Top-notch animal care is within an easy distance of our active adult community.
The Benefits of Pet Ownership
For many older adults, the presence of a beloved pet brings comfort, security and a sense of purpose. Your pet goes with you on every adventure, and moving to a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) should be no different.
At our retirement community, we love seeing the positive effects pet ownership can have on the lives of all our residents. Whether you’ve cared for pets your entire life or just adopted an animal companion, you’ll find many reasons to bring your pet with you to Cornwall Manor. Here are a few benefits of pet ownership to consider:
- Stronger mental health: Owning a pet can keep stress levels low and provide consistent comfort during life’s highs and lows. Research suggests that pet ownership can provide benefits for people with a wide variety of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress disorder. Increased mental wellness means you can enjoy more of what retirement has to offer with your pet by your side.
- A more active lifestyle: Pet owners — and dog owners in particular — tend to be more active than their peers because owning a dog encourages them to head outside to walk or play. If you would like to be more active in retirement, remember that a pet can make exercise more enjoyable.
- Better physical health outcomes: Pet ownership is also associated with a number of positive health effects, including decreased blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Opportunities for socialization: In addition to decreasing loneliness, owning a pet can give you new opportunities for socialization. When you bring a pet to Cornwall Manor, you can get to know other pet owners, walk your dog in a group or strike up a friendly conversation with one of our animal-loving staff members.
Dog and Pet-Friendly Things to Do Nearby
For many, your dog is more than just a pet. They’re a part of the family. With all the beautiful things to do and see throughout Lancaster, Lebanon and Hershey, it’s a shame to have to leave your dog behind. After all, why should you have all the fun on your own? Thankfully, this region is known for its dog-friendly and pet-friendly attitude. That means there are ample opportunities near Cornwall Manor to get your dog out to enjoy a little socialization and recreation.
If you’re in search of a good time with your four-legged friend, here are a few options for great Lancaster County dog parks:
- Beau’s Dream Dog Park at Buchanan Park: From splash gardens to cool your pup down on a hot day to a tree that actually launches tennis balls for a rousing game of fetch, it’s no wonder they call this play area a dream dog park. Whether your dog is big or small, there’s a place for them to run, play and practice some obstacles.
- Long’s Park: Although not a dog park, this beautiful spot has been a Lancaster County staple for more than 100 years. Plan a fun picnic with your pooch and take them for a walk around the pond. You’ll both enjoy a day in the sunshine.
- Overlook Park: A popular dog park in Manheim Township. Open from dawn to dusk, you and your dog will enjoy a great area to play and exercise. You will even find a separate area for smaller pets to play. Membership is required to use the park.
- Kitchen Kettle Village: If you and your pooch are new to the Lancaster area, you’ll get a proper cultural introduction at this unique shopping experience. You and your dog will love exploring the 40 distinct merchants, and you may be able to find a little treat for both of you.
Along with these exciting options, several other parks and facilities throughout or near Lebanon County will also welcome you and your pet, including:
- Lebanon Valley Rail Trail: This gorgeous rail trail was formerly the site of the Cornwall-Lebanon Railroad built in the 1880s. You’ll enjoy the rich history behind this pet-friendly trail while your pet enjoys visiting with friendly passing hikers, mountain bikers and horseback riders.
- Lebanon Fair Grounds: Spacious outdoor area fairgrounds where your dog can run free…but under supervision.
- Doglicious Spa and Wellness Center: This luxurious facility in Hummelstown offers a large selection of treats for you to buy your dog, as well as services like grooming, chiropractic care, massages and obedience training. Your pet will be so pampered that they’ll never want to leave.
- Snitz Creek Brewery: Go out for a meal or drinks with loved ones without worrying about leaving your dog behind. This Lebanon brewery offers dog-friendly seating, weather permitting, so you can enjoy your pet’s company as you eat your meal.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pet Ownership at Cornwall Manor
If you’re searching for pet-friendly retirement living, you may wonder how your pet will fit into your new lifestyle. Here are answers to a few common questions pet owners have about our senior living community.
What Kind of Pets Are Allowed at Cornwall Manor?
We allow many types of animals at our pet-friendly senior living community, including dogs, cats, birds, fish and more. If you have a more unusual pet that you’d like to bring, we would be happy to discuss the situation and decide on a case-by-case basis.
Which Accommodations Allow Pets?
Cornwall Manor allows pets in residences across our campus, but the type of accommodation you choose might influence your ability to have a pet. Cats are welcome in both homes and apartments on all floors, while dogs are allowed only in homes and first-floor apartments with direct outdoor access.
Is There an Extra Fee for Pets?
No, there is no additional fee or deposit. Pet owners pay the same entrance fees as all our residents.
Will There Be Enough Outdoor Space for My Dog?
Residents at Cornwall Manor have easy access to over 190 acres of space. In addition to the space outside your home or apartment, you and your dog can enjoy many beautiful trails and walking paths.
How Can I Shop for My Pet?
We offer transportation to and from campus every day, even in poor weather, which means you can always get into town to shop for the pet supplies you need.
Why Should You Move With Your Pet to Our Retirement Community?
People with pets consider them cherished and essential members of their family. Also, many pet owners say that having a constant companion provides a sense of calmness and peace they do not receive from being around other people.
Our residential options offer plenty of room for you and your pet to enjoy, including several miles of walking trails that your pet will love exploring. Additionally, Cornwall Manor’s pet-friendly senior community near Hershey, PA, has access to many animal clinics offering veterinary services to help keep your pet happy and healthy. Several animal care centers are located within five miles of Cornwall Manor.
Because we understand how important it is for our pet-owning residents to be able to bring their pets to Cornwall Manor, we are more than happy to help residents make relocating with their pet as easy and stress-free as possible.
You’ll love it here, and we know your pet will, too. To learn more about Cornwall Manor’s senior living communities and beautiful amenities, call us today at 717-274-8092.
Solving puzzles you can improve your dexterity and problem solving skills.