Cheers to Another Year!
Cheers to Another Year!
December is a busy time at Cornwall Manor. As we are celebrating the season, it is also a time to reflect on 2022. Some highlights from our year:
• Cornwall Manor welcomed our seventh President & CEO, Harry A. McConnell, in October. Harry has more than 25 years experience in the senior living industry and has a proven track record of strong leadership and effective management skills.
• 55 new residents moved to Cornwall Manor during 2022.
• Being named Best Retirement Community, Best Senior Living Community and Best Nursing Home for the twelfth consecutive year by the readers of the Lebanon Daily News.
• Our Health Center received a deficiency-free inspection this year from the state and continues to maintain the highest quality rating (5-Star) from the Federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The Health Center also had deficiency-free inspections in 2019 and 2020.
• Completion of houses at The Woods! Cornwall Manor began The Woods in 2004 and now we have a total of 126 houses.
• Renovations began in Laurel Place Apartments which includes adding balconies to apartments, upgrading the HVAC system and adding a pitched roof.
• Celebrated our second-year partnership with the Rodale Institute and our first year of having an operational farm onsite. Cornwall Manor recently broke ground to have a barn constructed at the Trailside Farm.
• A successful Artful Connections pilot program that introduced a variety of arts programming for residents including painting, glass mosaics, metal tooling, ballroom dancing and more!
• The Cornwall Manor Society, the auxiliary of Cornwall Manor, that has raised more than $3 million to benefit Cornwall Manor since their establishment in 1950. This year, the Society hosted a variety of events that raised funds for personal care and health center residents as well as giving $80,000 to benevolent care.
• Over $33 million endowment fund to support benevolent care.
• The Today, Tomorrow, Forever…Together capital campaign will come to a close on December 31.The response to our need for benevolent care support has put us over our $2.6 million dollar goal by 66%, with dollars raised to date totaling $4,311,393! Thank you to all who have made this possible! Contributions are still needed to meet the important capital projects portion of the campaign, raising funds toward the renovations to Corson Hall and the building of the new Clubhouse. There are numerous ways to participate! Some gift plans include fixed income to donors and some gift plans have no out of pocket expenses. Anyone interested in learning more and making a year-end gift or three year pledge to help meet this important goal, please contact Vicki Deitzler in the Advancement Office at 717-675-1510.
Phew! That’s a lot! However, as we sip our eggnog and reflect on a busy year filled with many accomplishments – we are most grateful for who is around our tree, not what is under it. We are so blessed for our residents, staff, volunteers, donors, family members, friends and Trustees – because without all of you, none of these highlights would be possible.
From all of us at Cornwall Manor, we wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and peaceful New Year!