Cornwall named third safest city in Pennsylvania
Cornwall, Lebanon County, was recently ranked in the top three as one of the safest places to live in Pennsylvania by Safewise.
Safewise contextualizes national crime and safety trends to show how they affect you and your neighborhood. Using crime statistics from the FBI and US Census population data, the study ranked the safest cities in the state. Five cities in the state reported zero violent crimes. In all, only 34 total violent crimes were reported by the 20 safest cities.
Cornwall was ranked third. Read the report here. Cornwall Manor is proud to be situated in one of the safest places in Pennsylvania.
As the third safest Pennsylvania city, Cornwall Borough has many benefits:
- The top 20 Pennsylvania cities that made the list this year beat both state (3.1) and national (3.7) violent crime rates, and every city kept violent crime to 0.5 or fewer incidents per 1,000.
- Six cities (30%) reported a violent crime rate of 0.0 incidents per 1,000.
- Only 34 total violent crimes were reported by the 20 safest cities.
- All cities did better than the state’s property crime rate (14.9) and beat the national rate (22.0)—no city reported more than 3.4 incidents per 1,000.
- The top three cities (Luzerne Township, Scott Township, and Cornwall) all reported zero property crimes, which is very unusual.
- 16 cities (80%) reported fewer than 20 property crimes.
Cornwall Manor also takes the safety of our retirement community seriously. Campus security is onsite 24 hours a day and our community is fortunate to have the Cornwall Borough police department and Community Fire Company of Cornwall Borough less than one mile from our Buckingham and Woods campuses.
We continue to strive to provide a safe work and living environment for employees, residents, visitors and the general public who may enter our campuses. It is our intent to properly manage any incidents that occur so as to minimize injury and other forms of loss. One way this is achieved is through Cornwall Manor’s Safety and Risk Management Committee.
This committee is comprised of Cornwall Manor employees from each department. The committee meets monthly and they actively monitor general safety conditions throughout Cornwall Manor. The committee also discusses safety concerns that may impact residents and staff and ways to eliminate these hazards before accidents happen.
This is just another reason that makes Cornwall Manor a desirable place to live and work.